Monday, 11 July 2016

Lorac Pro Palette Dupes♥

As much as I would love to own the Lorac Pro 1 & 2 eyeshadow palettes, it's my money that yells no at me. At £30 each, they are quite steep, and not exactly the most affordable palettes out there. That's where I love dupes. A well-known drugstore makeup brand that produces brilliant quality products, many of which are dupes for highend products, is Makeup Revolution. I must have stood a good ten minutes "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" at the stand over which palette to get, but in the end, I settled for the Iconic Pro 1 and Iconic Pro 2.

The palettes both look the same. The packaging is the same standard as the other Makeup Revolution - black, matte and has gold writing on it. Basic, yet sleek and minimalist. The palettes come with a brush. Thankfully, it's not one of those ridiculous and useless sponge applicators - it's an actual brush. It's not too bad, which means it would be ideal to keep in the palette for travelling etc. They also come with a large mirror which is a bonus in my books. To identify every shade, the palettes come with a plastic sheet to sit over all the shadows, to give their names.

 Above, is photographed Iconic Pro 1. The first half is the lighter, more day-time appropriate shades. These are the "Jasmine" shades. With a mixture of golds, creams and browns, a variety of looks can be created. The second half is darker, more night-time appropriate shades, and are more on the smoky side. Although, the palette as a whole can be used in conjunction with one another, mixing the lighter colours with the darker colours. Majority of the colours have a metallic/glitter finish, leaving the matte colours all the more suitable for your crease.

The Iconic Pro 2 has more of a diversity of colours. Unlike the Iconic Pro 1, it cannot be distinguished into "categories" as such. No two colours are alike in this palette whatsoever. I like that there are some "out there" colours to spice things up a little - did you know I'm very adventurous? No? Learn something new everyday, ohh! - and are like an extra for changing up a look. I feel that the first half on the left of the palette are probably easier to wear on a day to day basis, but if you're feeling like you would like a bold eye look, the darker shades are ideal - they're more "mysterious".

All the shadows have a high quality of pigmentation. Sure, with some of the glitter shades I experience fallout, but that is expected from a shade consisting of glitter. Each palette retails for £6.99, and to me, I'd say that certainly is a bargain and a half. As a dupe, they perform well and I am beyond impressed.

Have you tried these palettes? Do you like them as a dupe?


40 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Makeup Revolution and have been using them as various dupes for ages! I find all their eyeshadows have such good pigmentation and always blend really nicely. Looks like I'll have to add these Iconic Pro palettes to my list! xx

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have so many dupes it's unreal! They blend really well actually! x

      Delete
  2. I love that MR offer so many dupes, gives you a chance to try before you buy!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't picked up the second one, but I have the first and absolutely love it! I especially love the deep red shade for the crease, so wearable but gives a bit of a different look :D great post! x

    Liv | Ramblings of a Makeup Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you need the second one for your collection of course! Thank you! x

      Delete
  4. I love the colours of the first one!' So pretty!!! I never ever go for MR, but I feel like I really need to!!! oxox
    www.emmalanglands.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh make sure you do, they won't disappoint! x

      Delete
  5. I love the colours in the first palette but I love the diversity in the second!i adore makeup revolution they're just so pigmented for the price X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the second palette has a bigger range of colours! x

      Delete
  6. I need more of the makeup rev palettes i only have there iconic smokey the shades are beautiful and the payoff is amazing for the price

    Carrieanne x
    Beautiesunlocked.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own a lot of MUR palettes because for the price, the quality is impeccable! x

      Delete
  7. I love make up revolution palettes! I recently did a review on the ones I have but I haven't seen these ones so will definitely pick them up when I'm next in the store!

    mybeautyandbrownies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add these to your MUR palette collection! x

      Delete
  8. The price is amazing for what you get. I have thought about getting the Lorac palette but didn't want to spend the money so I'll definitely want to get this first :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same - I would love to own the Lorac palettes but the price! That's why I love dupes x

      Delete
  9. These look like great dupes! I'm heading back to the U.K. next week so I might have to give them a try.

    www.phillippabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure to pick them up (and the rest of the MUR stand whilst at it!) x

      Delete
  10. As much as I love Revolution palettes, I still suggest you to get Lorac Pro! They are by far my all time favourite shadows and that palette will last you ages! They are so creamy and buttery, just a charm to work with.

    http://www.thisissimplyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I love these, so so pretty. I'm getting hands on these bad boys. xx

    www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really loving all things Makeup Revolution! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They produce such good products! Thank you x

      Delete
  13. I love Makeup Revolution, they have some really great dupes!

    Beth x

    www.ohthatsbethany.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Make Up Revolution !!! Such quality make up for decent prices !! Loving this pallet nothing too over the top love earthy tones ! Lovely read !!

    https://onoitafashiondesign.wordpress.com

    Love Nat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shades are just beautiful! Thank you! x

      Delete
  15. These look like great dupes!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    https://alifyalifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've only recently started using makeup revolution and I've become obsessed with it. I haven't actually tried these palettes yet but since they seem like cool dupes I'll definitely look out for them now, thanks for the recommendation xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good brand! Yes make sure to add to your ever growing collection! x

      Delete
  17. Oh my gosh, they look perfect! I'm so excited to finally get my hands on all of the amazing beauty products in UK! ♥︎ And I'm surely going to be spending a lot of time at the drugstores with my student budget! Thanks so much for the post and recommendation xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for you to come over and splurge hah! x

      Delete
  18. These look EXACTLY like the Lorac palettes! I have the original Pro palette and love it but was only kind of "eh" about the second one so I didn't buy it. Now that I know there's a dupe, I might have to pick this Makeup Revolution one up instead! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should give the dupe a bash for sure! x

      Delete
  19. Those are very pretty shades and I hope to see them in your future makeup looks! :)

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what I have up my sleeve, Ursula! x

      Delete
  20. Yet another stunning set of photographs from yourself Jasmine!! hehe! =P And how awesome to have some colours in your name...! hehe! =P It's like it was meant to be! These look good but don't appeal to me too much, mainly bc i have loads of eye shadow palettes which have the same kinda colours in which I haven't used...yeah......But i can appreciate how gorgeous they are and how many looks you could create with them!!!! =D
    Sarah xoxoxoxxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Sarah! No you do need them because you can never have too many palettes!;) x

      Delete

Make sure to drop a comment! Also, you can tweet me @blogsallbeautyy xx

Follow by Email