Monday 28 November 2016

Chocolate For The Eyes?♥

Shock horror: I love chocolate. Not only chocolate, but makeup, ideally, eyeshadow palettes. Combining the two? My perfect combination. When I was shopping in Superdrug, I may have accidentally fell across the Makeup Revolution stand, then along to the I Heart Makeup stand. I was ooh-ing and ahh-ing at both stands, before settling for the I Heart Chocolate palette. I could easily have bought the whole collection but somehow, my inner makeup soul didn't make me do it.

The packaging reminds me of the Too Faced chocolate bar, which retails for around £40, yet this has a low cost price of just £7.99. The illusion of a chocolate bar is the clear running theme, with the end looking like melted chocolate. Even though it's plastic, I find it to be quite sturdy and secure; the clip is actually impressively good.

Thankfully, it comes with a large, full-sized mirror which would be efficient if on the go. Taking a look at the shadows, you can see there's a wide mixture of colours. Ranging from golds to browns, to khakis to berries, a whole lot of looks can be created using just this one palette. As a being a dupe for the Too Faced palette, there is also a hint of a chocolate scent. Although this is a nice added extra, and it does remind me of chocolate, I can't help but think of plastic chocolate - sorry!


A close up just to appreciate the gorgeous colours. As you can most likely observe, I'm a keen fan of the gold shades. Not only do I like them because they're pretty, but being blessed with blue eyes (yaayy), gold seems to complement them really well. The palette has a mixture of mattes and shimmers. I sometimes stick with shimmer shades on my lids with matte colours in my crease. You can create either a subtle yet natural look or a bold and daring look using just this palette.


Overall, for £7.99, in my opinion, this palette is a bargain. With all the possible looks that can be created, I find myself reaching for this palette regularly. Having all the gorgeous shades means the biggest issue I have is choosing which colours to use! I can guarantee I now wish I picked up the other palettes in the collection!

Have you tried the I Heart Chocolate palette range? Do you recommend any other palettes from I Heart Makeup?



36 comments:

  1. I considered picking this palette up but due to its similarity to the too faced one I couldn't justify it! But this packaging and the shades look v similar to that of the too faced one!

    Lovely review as always girl! Xxx


    www.kirstyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pick it up for comparison! Ah thanks Kirsty!! xx

      Delete
  2. I always want to buy this palette but it is always out of stock in my local shop haha! Loved your review on it :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because it's such a good palette aha! Aw thank you! x

      Delete
  3. This looks so good! I wanted to buy the Too Faced one but I might have to buy this instead :) x

    eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your review on this chocolate bar palette!! :)

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love accidentally falling into makeup stands and accidentally on purpose buying all the makeup, haha! I love the shades in this palette, especially the warm golden and berry tones - they look perfect for autumn winter.

    Lottie Unlimited | Beauty, +SizeFashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, such a good opportunity to explore new brands aha!! x

      Delete
  6. This palette is extremly affordable so it is absolutely worth it !

    ClaireTalksBeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this brand before. Such a cute dupe for the Too Faced palette. Love all the berries tones myself. Do you know if they test on animals??

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/seasonal-rose-13261285

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is a good dupe in terms of packaging, for shades, I'm not too sure as I don't have the Too Faced one to compared to! Ah I'm not sure on that either, sorry! x

      Delete
  8. Ohh this palette has been on my wishlist for so long! Just have no idea where to get my hands on it in Norway :/

    Ilse Daniëlle | www.ilsedanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are expensive in India compared to other countries :( The shipping charge is more than the actual price of the product :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colour selection in this palette, what a fab dupe for the Too Faced one xx
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/2016/11/4-days-in-cologne-christmas-markets.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great dupe for too faced chocolate bar Palette.. I haven't seen this in the states but will check out online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how similar they are in regards to pigmentation! x

      Delete
  12. I've never heard of this brand before but it looks like it has some great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do have the Too Faced one and the colors are definitely similar.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOw that looks just like the Too FAced one, I wonder how they can get away with it.It looks like a great palette and brand.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice review! The palette looks so nice!

    myplacebblog.blogspot.co.uk : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just adore those colours! New addition to my list for Santa. Thanks for sharing lovely! x

    www.twentysomething.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The palette has some gorgeous shades, I love that it has both shimmers and matte options all for an affordable price. Definitely going to keep my eye out for the palette.

    Tx
    www.musicgeekonline.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite good having the option of matte or shimmer, mix things up a little! It's one to watch for! x

      Delete
  18. That palette looks so good! Great review! Might have to pop down to the shops and pick me up one of those palettes...

    Nicky | nickyjane99.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful I just love it! Thank you, you certainly should! x

      Delete

Make sure to drop a comment! Also, you can tweet me @blogsallbeautyy xx

All photos are taken and owned by blogsallbeautyy. All opinions are my own.. Powered by Blogger.