Monday 5 January 2015

New Years Eve - Get Ready With Me♥ || Collab

Happy New Year! It's 2015 already and this is my first blog post for this year. I wanted to kick off this year with an exciting new post, something I've never done - a Get Ready With Me and a collab! I've never done a collab before, and it's pretty exciting! It's a collab with the lovely Molly, and she's also doing the same blog post over on her blog! I'm going to stop and get right into it.

Over view of all the products used. All of these are affordable, drugstore items, but the No.7 eyeshadow palette is limited edition and is no longer available.

Products used

Boots essentials moisturising cream. I used this to make my skin soft for smoother application.




Avon Makeup Setting Spray. I found it's better used before applying makeup as it helps keep your makeup on all day.






Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. The concealer looks orange in the photo but I assure you it isn't. It's quite a high coverage concealer for concealing dark circles and any blemishes. The powder insures your concealer stays put throughout the day/night, and also powders any oil you may have on your face.





No.7 Youthful Eye Serum. Although this may be a serum, on the back it says you can use it to keep your eye makeup stay on. In fact, it does so. A tiny bit goes a long way, and it blends creating a very smooth base in preparation for eyeshadow.


W7 In The Buff and Limited Edition No.7 palette. I used two palettes to create the eye look I wanted. Both palettes are very pigmented however the colours look better with a primer (Or in my case, I don't own a primer, so the eye serum).



Left - W7 palette. Right - No.7 palette.
The colour with a star on it (Light cream colour) was used as a base colour.
The colour with a 2 on it (pink colour) was used as an all-over lid colour.
I mixed the two shadows with a 3 on them (Light brown and chocolate brown colour) were mixed together for a crease colour.
The colour with a 1 on it (white colour) was used as a highlight colour on the brow bone and inner corner.


PS love.. Felt Eye Liner Pen. I did a thin line across my lash line and a mini wing. I like this as the tip is quite thin and easy to work with. Also, it's a black felt liner.


Maybelline Big Eyes mascara and No.7 Lash Impact mascara. I apply the No.7 mascara first for volume. I then follow with the Maybelline mascara, using the "Lower lash" mascara wand, as this gives length, separates the lashes and really opens up your eyes.


Avon Lipstick in Rouge. Since it was still during the festive period, I wanted to wear a red lip since I didn't wear one on Christmas Day. It's a dark red lipstick and looks very classy.



For clothes, I wore this gorgeous red and black tartan dress from New Look - it is from AX Paris, but this New Look had an AX Paris collection in it. I love it, it's comfortable and not too short on me. You can find it here. (It's honestly not as short on as it is made out to be in the picture!)

Make sure to check out Molly's blog as she'll be posting this post soon for our collab!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure to drop a comment! Also, you can tweet me @blogsallbeautyy xx

All photos are taken and owned by blogsallbeautyy. All opinions are my own.. Powered by Blogger.