Tuesday 6 November 2018

From A Hate Mascara To A Loved Oneđź’•

Although you're advised to replace your mascaras every 6 months or so, I am awful at doing so. I just tend to forget, or I think "it'll be fine I'll just finish it". I need to stop because it may result in an eye infection or something. Ew.

So, when I went to buy foundation the other week, I thought I'd treat myself and get a new mascara. I don't get on with Rimmel mascaras - I don't know what it is, but my eyelashes almost rebel with them - so I always stick with Maybelline. And, coincidentally, there were some Maybelline mascaras on deal. In the end, I settled for their Colossal Go Extreme! Leather Mascara, which was reduced to a decent price of £5.

I hadn't ever tried this one, hence why I opted for it. I've tried their other colossal mascaras, so thought I'd try something new this time. Upon my first couple of uses, I hated it. I regretted buying it and was tempted to bin it. For some odd reason, it clumped my lashes up something awful to the point it looked as though I had about 5 lashes per eye, when in fact, I'm quite lucky to have quite a lot of lashes, of which are long and thick. However, they looked short and stumpy too. I wasn't impressed.

After about a weeks use, I started to like the mascara. I've heard people complaining about other mascaras being too "wet" upon first use, which I reckon is what I experienced with this one. As I had used it a few times, it started to "dry out" - not in a bad way - to the point you could work with it a whole lot easier. It applies so much nicer now. For some odd reason, I have nicer left eyelashes than I do right eyelashes, and it even looks quite nice when on my right eye - this eye can look clumpy and horrid sometimes. It helps to enhance my natural lashes by emphasising their length, and helps to open up my eyes more.

It doesn't feel heavy when on your eyelashes, which is something I've experienced in the past. It's easy to apply to your lashes too, but the only downside I can think of when applying is that it's not ideal for applying to your lower lashes - I'd say on about 9/10 occasions, I have to use a cotton bud to remove the excess spots beneath my eye. It is because it's quite a thick wand. It's formed of plastic bristles, whereby the bristles at the tip of the wand are smaller than the middle of it, which makes sense for when it "fits your eye". It isn't waterproof, which makes it easy to remove - all I use is micellar water, or a makeup wipe if I'm feeling really lazy. In saying that, I live in the not-so-sunny Scotland, where we see a lot of rain, and even when it's lashing down, it hasn't ended up running down my face (yet). In terms of tear-proof, I can't answer that because I'm not much of a crier haha.

Considering I hated it at first, I'm quite a fan of this mascara. In the past, I've had the tendency to always use a lengthening mascara but this definitely falls into the category of being a voluminous mascara, and I must admit - I really like the effects!

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure to drop a comment! Also, you can tweet me @blogsallbeautyy xx

All photos are taken and owned by blogsallbeautyy. All opinions are my own.. Powered by Blogger.